Friday, November 13, 2009

Power Pack Your Oats



The benefits of oats have been well known for a long time.  They are packed with fiber which can help lower both your cholesterol and blood sugars.  For me, oats don't seem to stick with me as long as I'd like, so I "power pack" them to give them a little more nutrition.  Skip the instant and go for the old fashion type--they microwave in 3 minutes!
Wendy's Power Packed Oats
Ingredients:
1/2 cup old fashion oats
1 cup water
1 apple, grated
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
Directions:
Place oats and water in microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and microwave for 1-2 minutes more.  Toss in your apple, nuts, cinnamon and stir.  Serve with milk and enjoy!

2 comments:

tam said...

Oh how I love oats! Your food looks so tasty! You might like some of mine come visit if you have time!

saladandsequins.com x x

Simply Life said...

YUM! I love finding so many new ways to enjoy my oats from bloggers! This looks like a delicious bowl!