The grocery store offers a plethora of items that can transform your dinner into a minute meal and keep it healthy, too. I must admit, I actually enjoy the precooked rice bags and I love frozen cooked/peeled shrimp--another inspiration in tonight's 5 minute meal! It's not that I am lazy, I just like good food--fast! Don't fault me until you try it!
5 Ingredient, 5 minute Shrimp
- 1/4 bag of frozen, peeled shrimp (cooked or uncooked)
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bag Uncle Ben's Ready Wild Rice
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce
- Bernsteins Chardonnay Citrus Vinaigrette
- Seasonings: Olive oil, Garlic, Season Salt, Pepper
Defrost your shrimp in cold, running water. Prep your plate with torn lettuce. In a skillet heat garlic and olive oil for 2 minutes (don't allow garlic to brown). Toss in bell peppers and shrimp. Microwave your rice for 90 seconds. Plate rice, season shrimp with season salt & cracked pepper, and serve over rice. Top lettuce with a splash of dressing and you are ready to enjoy a simple shrimp dinner!