Thursday, April 1, 2010

Juicing It Up: Great start to the morning


With my veggies in hand and my juicer in my peripheral I begin to plan my morning shot of vitamins & minerals (plus, it tastes great!) This morning I have a little of "this" and a little of "that," but enough to throw it all together and get a decent dose of veggies. Generally, I discourage clients from drinking fruit juices unless they need excess calories, but if you keep the portions small (1/2 cup to 3/4 cup or 4 to 6oz) juices can fit into your diet. I prefer the vegetable kinds to take in ample vitamins & minerals without all of the excess calories. Vegetable juices range from 50 to 120 Kcals per 6oz.  Here is what I whipped up for breakfast this morning:

Ingredients:
5 carrots (they weren't the huge kind)
1 baby cuke
1 lime (peeled)
8 strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries (all I had left)

Made ~12 oz

Served this with an egg sandwich:
1 English muffin
1 slice Pepper Jack cheese
1 soy-sausage
1 egg

This took me about 10 minutes to prepare and now I am out the door to meet with clients!  I hope you have a fabulous day!  Eat more veggies!  
Wendy Jo

No comments: