The hubby and I spent a romantic Easter weekend at SE San Diego Hotel--very shi shi, almost too much for him. :) We did a have a nice "connection" weekend. The restaurant at the hotel is Suite & Tender and it is very nice. Although, don't go there expecting portions beyond petite! I enjoyed it because it meant that we could try many things! Between the four of us (we shared dinner with our very dear friends, Kathie & Paul) we had:
- Butternut Squash Soup--really tasty
- Beet Salad (I'm on a kick)--yummy, but I can make it the same at home and for much less $
- Fried Rock Shrimp--our favorite appetizer
- Raw bar selections--fresh
- Red Snapper w/Spanish twist--really flavorful
- Salmon--decent, but I can make it better (so said my hubby)
- Scallops & Venison--TINY!
- Apple Pie--devine! Great pastry crust!!!
- Ricotta Cheesecake w/ blood orange/pomegranate sorbet--ooooo la la, really tasty sorbet!
- Chocolate Truffle Cake--nice hint of Mexican chocolate
The experience was great and the hotel is definitely a stylish & chic environment.
Needless to say when we got home today we were not craving a big dinner (to say the least). So, I grilled up top sirloin steaks (seasoned w/Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, S&P--yes that is it), a beet salad (recipe to follow), sourdough bread, and fresh strawberries for "dessert." Happy Happy! It was an enjoyable and blessed Easter!
2 beets, boil for 25 minutes or until fork tender w/ skin on and then peel + slice
1 oz herbed goat cheese, crumbled
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 slice red onion, just enough for color
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil