Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cheesey Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup

I lied! Just when I thought I could get away I decided that my recipe tonight needed to be shared. Earlier this week I had prepared steamed broccoli & cauliflower, but of course eating for one these days leaves a lot of leftovers so I needed something else to prepare. While walking through the aisles I had a wave of nostalgia roll over me and I picked up a can of Campbell's Cheese Soup--not low sodium, and not low in fat. This is the base for the soup, but certainly not where all the nutrition and flavor comes from! So, if you are feeling in the mood for a lighter rendition of a cheesey broccoli & cauliflower soup consider this a quick and easy alternative that can be done in the ease of your Crock Pot! I loved coming home to the smells of this soup! Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 can Campbell's Cheese or Fiesta Cheese Soup

4 cups Broccoli & Cauliflower chopped (I just used a chopper for this)

1 can Chicken Broth, low sodium

1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated

Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste

Directions:

Place cheese soup mix, veggies, and broth in a crock pot and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Just before serving stir in cheddar cheese and cracked pepper. Yes, it's that simple! Enjoy!


No comments: