Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Make the Weeknights Matter!


It's Wednesday night--hump day--a day to celebrate the nearing of Friday! Make it special! I understand the grind of the 40+ hour work week, and often the last thing someone wants to do is prepare a dinner. So make it simple! Grilled fish takes 10-12 minutes to cook on the grill; thus, it's a great thing to pick up on your way home from work. While your at it, pick up fresh bread, a bag of microwave or frozen rice, and some fresh veggies--your choice. I had two zucchinis staring at me, so I decided to go for the ribbon effect and sauté them quickly. Yum!
My WEDNESDAY night meal (and it mattered!)
Grilled Salmon--drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, lime or lemon zest, and fresh minced rosemary (any herb can work!) Grill on medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
Wrap your bread with foil and throw on the grill to reheat.
While the fish is cooking, prep your veggies! I used a vegetable peel and thinly sliced the zucchini. I added some garlic and sea salt.
Last, pop the rice in the microwave and WA-LA! Your dinner is done!

No comments: