Thursday, June 18, 2009

Double Duty Dinners

I just have to post on this, because it really was that simple. Last night, after my 12 hour day away from home, I was famished upon walking in the door. Hmmm, what shall I eat? I had already succumbed to cereal one day this week; thus, I could not bare to do that again. So I whipped up a great entree salad! But the best thing is I used the leftovers from last night's salad for today's lunch! I apologize that there are no pictures, but use your imagination. They both were great!

Double Duty Salad
Ingredients:
10 boiled new potatoes, divided
1 boiled egg (I boil a bunch and eat them throughout the week)
1/2 red bell pepper sliced, divided
3 oz grilled chicken breast (I used the bag variety in the freezer section)
1/2 cucumber
1 avocado
8 mushrooms, divided
Citrus Vinaigrette (I found this yesterday at the store--Bernstein's--fabulous)
1 slice of Garlic Texas Toast (you are welcome to be healthier than me and opt for something whole grain, too)
Directions:
Start your oven for your bread and put in ASAP. Boil your new potatoes until fork soft. On a plate layer lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers, avocado, 2 mushrooms, 1/4 bell pepper, and sliced boiled egg. Top with 4 sliced new potatoes and drizzle with dressing. Serve with Texas Toast! 15 minutes tops!

Next day...
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion, sliced (I used Texas Sweet)
remaining bell peppers, mushrooms, and potatoes
4 oz of grilled chicken (again the package kind works)
Sage (I had 2 fresh leaves, but you can use 1/4 tsp, too)
Salt, Pepper, & Paprika sprinkled over top
Parmesan cheese
Directions:
In a skillet, sauté onions & peppers in olive oil. Once caramelized add potatoes. Toss in mushrooms and chicken. Last, add the spices & herbs. Sprinkle the mixture with cheese and serve! YUM!

No comments: