Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Salad--Before a Decadent Dinner Out!



It's Restaurant Week in San Diego, and I love to try out some of the treats the restaurants' offer on their Prix Fixe meals. With that in mind, I decided that I needed to get a good workout in this morning, and follow it with a healthy lunch. No need to have a heavy calorie day when I know I will be a bit decadent tonight! Again, I bought all of the yummy ingredients at Trader Joe's, but you can find all of them at a regular grocery store.
Sunday Salad Made for One
Ingredients:
3 cups arugula
1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 onion, thinly sliced
2 baby bellas (stuffer sized), thinly sliced
2 tsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
lemon zest
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Directions:
Plate arugula on a salad plate. In a skillet, heat olive oil and add veggies. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic, lemon zest, and balsamic vinegar. Simmer mixture for 2 more minutes. Pour over greens and serve. Season with salt or a cheese like Parmesan. Enjoy!

PS--Sorry for the poor quality of my photo. I am unfortunately stuck with using my phone until I get a new camera!

No comments: