Five tips to curb those nasty habits:
1. Keep a record of what you eat daily (I use http://www.figwee.com/)
2. Avoid television or other distractions while eating, instead focus on your food and savoring each bite.
3. Eat 4-6 cups of vegetables per day. If you do this, you are less likely to have room for other food choices.
4. Serve yourself on smaller plates, with smaller bowls, and tiny glasses for everything other than water to help cut your portions.
5. Practice mindful eating. For starters, ask yourself:
- Am I hungry?
- Is this what is best for me right now?
- Why am I eating?
- What can I do other than eating?
For more helpful hints, tips, and ideas locate a local dietitian in your area to help get you on the right track toward curbing your food behaviors and trimming your waistline!