Monday, December 8, 2008

Bring Me Dandelions So I can Eat More Greens!



There are so many fabulous vegetable greens that people have yet to try. From kale (used more for decorating) to mustards (seen more in the South) very few people cook these delicious and overly nutritious greens. Sometimes I wonder if it's more about truly not liking the greens, or never experiencing greens prepared correctly. The heartier varieties of greens, like kale, mustards, and dandelions can be braised, added to soups, stews, or simply sauteed. One of my favorites is adding sauteed kale to a sundried tomato and goat cheese pizza! Truly a fabulous combination! I found the recipe on http://www.epicurious.com/
For some added inspiration, for those of you who are brave enough to try, check out my video on preparing dandelion greens!
To accompany my "weeds," I roasted beets (the stalks are another great green to try later), and my friend prepared a delicious pork loin. Are you hungry yet? It was a fabulous dinner with friends!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy actually made this for me and friend. Intially I didn't know what to think. They were actually pretty yummy. I enjoyed them.

Edible Nutrition said...

Who knew I would get you to eat a weed? ;o) Thanks for always being such a sport and trying new foods with me! You are one of my favorite friends to cook for!!