Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Leftover-Inspired Frittata

There is something so simple about frittatas and filling! I had a little more ground beef that I needed to use before my 3-day window for food safety was up; thus, I had to get creative again. So, spinning off my idea from the other night I decided to do an Italian rendition with my beef mixture. Most of all, I hope my ideas allow you to be more creative with your next batch of leftovers!
Empanada filling--take two!
Frittata Italiano
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups ground beef, cooked
1/2 pkg of mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
1 Tb. olive oil
6 eggs, or 1 1/2 cup egg substitute
3 oz goat cheese
Bruschetta Mixture (see recipe below)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*F. In a heavy skillet heat olive oil and add bell peppers and mushrooms. Sauté for 4 minutes. Add ground beef and heat for 2 minutes. Whisk eggs and pour over eggs. Top with crumbled goat cheese. Allow to cook over medium heat for 3 minutes and then finish in oven for 5-10 minutes or until middle is set. Serve with Bruschetta:
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 cup Parsley, chopped
1/4 Red onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Lemon, juiced
Salt to taste
Mix & Serve!


2 comments:

rachael said...

nice comment,you can watch this also Agriculture business Network

Network for more information..

Regards
rachael

Michelle said...

that sounds really good!