Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shake It Up: Quick & Delicious Smoothie for All


After a nice run/hike with my two labs I felt the need for a quick snack. Hmmmm...what looks good...yogurt (had it with my breakfast), fruit (yes, but I need something more), toast (not enough of the good stuff), cereal (same response as toast)...what looks good? There, peaking out at me, was my Pacific Foods Almond Milk that I just bought. So, I pondered, "What goes great with almonds?" Bananas! Thus, became the heart of my shake. Almond milk tastes fabulous, is 60 calories per serving, and only 2.5grams of fat. Here is a great recipe for a recovery shake to try after your next workout:
Ingredients:
1 banana
1 cup Almond Milk
1 scoop Kashi's Go Lean Protein Powder (my favorite because it has 7grams of fiber per serving)
Directions:
Blend and serve. How easy is that? Let me know what you think!

No comments: