Saturday, May 15, 2010

And the winner is...

And the winner is...


The Thiele Family!!


Their favorite Dairy Recipe...
From the Thiele Family: I tried this recipe at a friend's house in Misawa Japan and FELL IN LOVE! How do you make cheese better? Add delicious seasonings and olive oil to it and let it soak in!! It is so yummy on crackers, baguette slices, or just by itself. I make this at almost all my social functions. It puts an average cheese tray to shame!

Marinated Cheese

½ cup olive oil
½ cup white wine vinegar
1 2 oz jar diced pimentos drained
3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
3 tablespoons minced green onions
3 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon sugar
¾ teaspoon dried whole basil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 8-oz block of sharp cheddar cheese

1 8-oz package of cream cheese
Combine first 10 ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly and shake. Set marinade mixture aside. Cut block of Cheddar and cream cheese into ¼ inch slices. Arrange cheese slices alternately in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinate over cheese and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.

Enjoy!
Source: Jenn Edwards! Thanks girl!

I LOVE the Cuisinart hand blender set (it would do wonders for my kiddos daily smoothie treat prep) and I LOVE this blog even more! When I am out of ideas for healthy dinners, this is my life saver!



I have to thank all of the fabulous entries!!  Thanks to Jessica (Baked Mac & Cheese), Steve, Ash, & Cam (Enchiladas w/zucchini), Sarah (Grilled pizzas), and CGS (Mrs. Richard's Chicken Enchiladas).  YUM!  I cannot wait to try all of these recipes, and I hope you do, too!  


I really liked the uniqueness of the cheese appetizer dish, and the fact that dairy was the main star!  Plus, who can resist fresh herbs in the summer?  Not me!  So, Thiele Family: Congrats and drop me an email at WJPetersonRD@aol.com with your address (not to be shared with anyone other than the fabulous Midwest Dairy Council) to receive your giveaway.


A big THANK YOU to the Midwest Dairy Council for the generosity and getting a positive message out about dairy!  http://www.dairymakessense.com/recipes/default.aspx

No comments: