Friday, January 29, 2010

Lunch Break...Quick & Easy (of course!)


Like many my lunch breaks seem to involve work (not much of a "break").  With that said, I continue my quest for quick and easy lunch ideas.  Lunch time is one of the areas I encourage my clients to increase their vegetable intake, and for me that can even be a challenge.  Today's lunch was fabulous, under 10 minutes, and super nutritious!  I hope you give it a try!

Ingredients:
1 pita bread
2 Tbsp hummus (I used the Trader Joe's Greek Style with lemon & herbs--delicious)
1/4 cup baby cilantro (you can try basil, parsley, or baby lettuce--your choice!!)
2 Tbsp 2% cheddar
1 small tomato, thinly sliced
1 box of Green Giant's Immunity Blend Veggies

Fruit Smoothie
1 cup cherries (frozen)
1 banana
1 1/2 cups fresh limeade (I just juiced 2 limes and added water--no sugar)

Directions:
Prepare sandwich--heat bread, top with cheese on one side, spread hummus on opposite side.  Stack with herbs and tomatoes.  Serve (2 minutes)
Microwave your veggie bag--4 minutes
Meanwhile, throw your fruit in a blender and mix for 2 minutes.

Yep, really that simple and truly a tongue pleaser!

No comments: